Friday, July 30, 2010

Introductions are in Order




Welcome to Blythe Nouveau.
This blog hopefully will showcase my Blythe dolls as well as the crafts that I do surrounding them. In the future, I'm hopefully going to customize a Blythe knock off and possibly document it step by step. I will post homemade clothing, furniture, and customization. If any of my followers create something noteworthy, I will give their creations a feature on the site.

What is Blythe?
The main features of a Blythe doll is it's over sized head and eyes that change color and position when you pull a string on her back. Blythe dolls originally debuted in America in 1972, but the dolls weren't very popular, so they discontinued production. The original dolls sell for thousands of dollars, so please, if you get one, don't customize it. They were rediscovered in the '90's, and in 2004, production began on them again. They reproduced the four original designs from the '70's, and eventually, they began to release a new Blythe doll monthly. They range in price from under a hundred dollars to a couple hundred or a thousand for an original doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment